Our Service: We always pay any applicable customs charges plus the VAT on your order before shipping it to you.
So you can be sure there’ll be no unwelcome surprises. Simply place your order and enjoy!
Tips for Motorcycle Trips in Slovenia
What do you have to take into consideration when traveling to Slovenia? Which documents do you have to take with you? Louis provides you with answers to the most important questions. No liability is accepted for errors – Louis does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Documents you must have with you
- Driving licence and vehicle registration certificate
- ID card or passport (since 26.6.12 it has also been obligatory for children travelling within the EU to have their own identity document.)
- International Motor Insurance Card (Green Card) is recommended.
+ Recommended Products: Document Bag
First-aid kit / Hi-vis vest
It is not mandatory to carry a first-aid kit or high-visibility vest. However, we recommend you always carry both.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Warning Triangle, Safety Vest, First-AID Kit, Warning Light
It is mandatory to wear a helmet! Only helmets which conform to the ECE 22 standard are approved.
+ Recommended Products: Visor and Helmet Cleaner, Proofer
Motorcycles must have their headlight on even during the daytime. A set of spare bulbs must be carried.
+ Recommended Products: Motorcycle Lightbulbs
- Within built-up areas: 50 km/h
- Outside built-up areas: 90 km/h
- Dual carriageways (expressways): 110 km/h
- Motorways (freeways): 130 km/h
In Slovenia, you require a vignette (toll-sticker) on motorways (freeways) and dual carriageways (expressways).
+ Recommended Products: Vignette Holder
Legal alcohol limit
0.05% (50 mg/100 ml blood)
Motorcycle trips across the Slovenia borders
Here you will find country tips for motorcycle trips in Slovenia neighbouring countries.
* To provide you with even better support when you plan your next tour, we will shortly be adding still more countries.
© janmiko – stock.adobe.com